Welcome

The posts that follow all deal with the highs and lows of Ministry and ministry related topics. They follow my PRIME Experience in Minford Ohio and will hopefully continue afterwards.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Where were you?

Yes I know this is a little late but...

September 11, 2001 is a day that no one could forget. On this day every year since, the question has been some form of the words "Where were you when the towers were hit?"

At the exact time I was sitting in class unaware anything was going on.
I was a fifth grader at Archbold Middle School in Archbold Ohio. When I heard the news I was at lunch (and if I ever go back I can give yout he general area that I was in) when whispers cane down the table "Dude, the twin towers have been hit!" Now whether dude was used I may never know, but it doesn't matter. I looked up at te tv that some of te teachers were watching and sure enough smoke was coming from them. It wasn't until I got home that I learned the rest of the story. No matter what I did I couldn't get away from it. It was on every network that had a newscast. I think we ended up turning it over to PBS when no new news was coming in.

I can't but help wondering what the disciples thought about Thomas after Jesus appeared to them. Here Thomas comes into the room and everyone is like "Where were you?" You just missed Jesus!! Thomas didn't believe it until Jesus showed up a second time.

May we never doubt what happened. Thomas got a second chance for not beleiving but when it comes to 9/11 may we never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment