Welcome

The posts that follow all deal with the highs and lows of Ministry and ministry related topics. They follow my PRIME Experience in Minford Ohio and will hopefully continue afterwards.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Glory

Okay first a quick update

Word of Life (WOL) is getting ready for the official kickoff on Sunday, but small aspects are beginning to shape up in the regular meetings. For example we met downstairs for worship instead of going up to join the adults for the first time since May. This has gone very well and I am excited for how this year is shaping up.

In just a few shot weeks will be the end of the Missions Emphasis month and we have already heard from several missionaries. This last day should be awesome because we are sending our first missionaries as a church. We have supported several over the years, but this will be the first time that we send them out and act as the sending church.

Now some thoughts.

The missionaries that we are sending out are going with Wycliff Bible Translators to Indonesia. There names are Dave and Helen Gullett. They have a daughter Abigail who is, I believe 3, and another one on the way within the next few weeks. Right now they are in the fund raising stages and have a God sized goal to raise and are currently looking for supporters. If you are interested or know of a church that might be, contact me and I can get you their information.

The reason I mention this is not only to help them, but to give a little insight into what I am about to say. Dave has been speaking on Wednesday nights about missions and especially those missions in Indonesia. This past week he mentioned something I want to share with you.

Missions exists because worship does not.

Think about it. In all the locations where we are sending missionaries are the locations in which worship of our God and Savor, Jesus, does not, or if it does in very small amounts. By worshiping God we are bringing glory to his name. 1 Corinthians 10:31 states that whatever you do, do for the glory of God.

This got to me, what would happen if I did everything for the glory of God. My school work, my internship, everything. What would I be doing if I were to give everything to the Glory of God. I fully believe my life would be significantly different. So why am I not doing it. Am I scared for what God is going to do?

I am quickly realizing that I have no clue what comes next. Sure I have a semester left at Huntington University, but after that I have no clue. There is a large hole that is yet to be filled and honestly it is starting to scare me a little. What I do know is that I want to fill it with things that bring glory to God. To inspire worship in places that it may not exist. To be a light wherever God wants me to be.

In Christ,
Alan

Things to pray for.

Missions Sunday September 16 that everything would work the way it is supposed to.

WOL kick off September 9 and rest of year. that God would use me and the other volunteers in a mighty way and that we would impact the lives of the kids God sends us.

Dave and Helen Gullett that their support would come in and that deadlines may be met.

That I would be diligent in my schoolwork

Backpack program that members in our church are trying to start for kids at the local elementary school.


No comments:

Post a Comment